5 Signs Your iPhone Needs a New Battery
Battery problems - we’ve all been there. According to Apple, the iPhone 6’s battery maintains 80 percent of its capacity for up to 500 charging cycles, which translates to 14-18 months of usage.
However, this can vary dramatically. Apple has been sued for delibarately reducing battery life and overall performance after iPhone users update to the latest iOS softwares. Part of our motivation at AUXE is to ensure people aren’t taken advantage of by multibillion dollar corporations such as Apple, which is why we curated this list. Here are 5 signs your iPhone needs a battery replacement:
- Slow Performance Slow performance may be a clear indication that your phone’s battery is hanging on by a thread. Fortunately, there is a little-known tool available that helps track your battery’s health. To check: (1) Go to Settings > Battery, and (2) Click on ‘Battery Health’
- Unexpected Shutdowns One of the most frustrating things that can happen is when your iPhone unexpectedly shuts down in the middle of what you’re doing. This shut down can mean that your battery has irreversible damage and is therefore in need of a replacement.
- Error Message If you get an error message saying that “Your iPhone battery may need to be serviced,” then listen. It’s officially time for a battery change.
- Dying Faster than Usual This is the most common, and annoying, sign that it’s time for a battery change. Batteries experience wear and tear over time, causing iPhones to die quicker than they did when first purchased. If this is happening to your iPhone and it bugs you, it’s time to consider a battery replacement.
- Your iPhone is Overheating Excessive heat can damage your iPhone’s battery. This is another indication that your iPhone is in need of a battery replacement right away. Cooling down the device will allow you to save money on replacing the entire phone, and focus on getting a new battery for your existing iPhone.